Monday, March 21, 2011

13-03-2011, A Sunday


There are days when you wish you have full control over every action of yours, no body interrupting, engaging or disengaging. Yesterday night only I planned that tomorrow's day will be mine. I didn't know how exactly it will go but still I told her that I'll be unavailable throughout, right from six in the morning. I got up at seven, left room at eight.




Left for Vile-Parle. ISKCON. For few days this streak was developing in me to see Krishna, and to reinvent the lost spirituality.


Nokia Maps is a big no. After 1 MB download it failed to show my location. I downloaded Google maps instead and decided to take it by foot, 2.5km from the station, closely following the map guideline. In between I stopped at a kiosk for water and asked the man there about location as my previous experiences following online maps have always led me nowhere. The man gave me directions and asked me to take left from 'Amitabh's home'. Something hit me.. Is it? Is it really what he said? I asked again, confirmed and then left. Following my map after about a km of walk I took a left and asked 2 guards sitting there about the temple's directions. They confirmed amongst themselves and finally told me what they affirmed was correct. I agreed.. Just when I was about to turn I asked him - 'Amitabh's home is nearby too?' They look amazed and one of them pointed his finger downwards confirming my worst fear. I was outside 'Pratiksha' and interacting with 'Amitabh Bachhan's' security guards. I recollected myself, as if voice was looking for words to come through. I asked again and he said, this is Pratiksha, Jalsa is nearby. I stood there for few seconds and before it could have turned into more of embarrassment, moved. Few steps.., then sat for a minute on the foot-path nearby and then left for the temple.


Apart from small turnoffs stay at temple was fulfilling. One of them being: 25k for Life-membership. I don't know why I asked for it at the first place. Interacted there with some people, sat near Krishna.. it was good.


Way back it was again Pratiksha, guard was smiling.. I didn't respond and took right.


Now the question was where the hell I should head in scorching Mumbai heat of March. I thought of Colaba, had some purpose at Hazarimal Somani road. That’s all I knew of the place I had to go.


Vile Parle to CST is a big journey, only slow local stops. Could have changed a train at Dadar to reach soon, I decided to wait for CST train. Waiting there I lost myself in some obtuse thoughts. Either that station didn't fit that place or I didn't fit there. That locality was appearing strange and people looked stranger. I pulled out laptop, inserted the CD I took at temple. Tried murmuring along, felt strange(-ly) strange and shut it next.


You can never imagine an empty train on Mumbai railroads, mine was, half. Opposite me was a 30 something hunk with his-quarter-sized wife. I thought of concentrating on man's gadgets. A cellphone embedded watch, an iPad size mobile and a Bluetooth headset. When I realized that my continuous observation could easily have been mistaken, I tried observing other things around.
Women.

In a semi filled coach you see men all around with few women dispersed amongst them. India's gender ratio certainly takes a dive in such observations.
All men were sleeping, other than those who hung by coach's entrance.
Each of the women was like looking nowhere, lost into something. 


Anyhow I made it there, and started looking for what I had to. I was able to locate the locality but couldn't find the place. There after I killed time, roamed in Fort area.

Twilight is good at Gateway. Spent evening writing at a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment