Monday, March 29, 2010

Pune

Two weeks before I had no idea Where I would be a week later. Collabera interview made me head to Bangalore. Days there I didn't know I'd land up in Pune a week late. Day before yesterday I did. Cognizant this time.
Not much surprise, no converts.
Two cities in a week. Ferry 1 took 2 hrs and 2000 kms, while ferry 2 took 20 hrs and 1000 kms. Bangalore I had no expectations. Expectation in the sense What the city would be like. I went, gave interview, stayed at Lalit's room for 5 days and then left. Left for Pune. Pune I was excited, Kunal and V.

V can recollect we met in 'Tennis' room more than 4 yrs back. She had id name she thought no one could make out, person being male or female. I did, for I thought such name only 'female'.
She left her no. offline only when it was sure I'll visit Pune. Deal done.. "We meet."
Lots of messages and a few calls we decided I reach Corporation first and she'll join. I reached and was directed - Ask people for FC road and see for Vaishali restaurant. It took me almost 30 minutes and 10-12 people i asked. Only when I could see 'Fergusson College - Junior Wing' written on a board, I got sure, 4 yrs of talking and it'll be real soon.

I always knew she is taller (5'9" to be precise ..and I like to say am 5'7"), only that couldn't see myself believing that. Why not? Only non realistic fascination, Deepika Padukone can be 5 9. I can't remember when was the last time I came face to face with a taller girl.
5 minutes later I reached. She was there and I can say "Girls make you look up -(quite literally also)".
Greetings. Handshake. I wanted to hug. Didn't happen. We moved into Vaishali. Hell crowded. She moved out, I followed.
What next? Wasn't I hungry. 3 sandwiches in day and not for South-indian.
Its a little difficult to move around with pretty girls. A little more if they are taller. You can always spot scores of eye balls glued on. I accepted.
Ok. CCD next.

Am fond of Tea and Coffee both, Cold and Hot both, and I never order. I can't. At times its been Kits, Bhai or Sis or someone else. And she expected me too. She settled for Lemon Ice Tea and .. I followed.
CCD was well occupied and still very ok. Ice tea made us talk longer. Longer or shorter, don't know. Minutes become semi-minutes..
We came out.
A famous bakery nearby. She decided. I followed. (Sweet chariot it was, and not that famous, just that one can't find any in my city. Bangalore, Pune: Quite common!)

Few minutes walk down FC, a strawberry cheese cake waited on platter. My choice. Pink Triangle turned out a little more sweeter. Pink color can actually make you do weird things. We decided to scoop that off. One spoon pressed triangle from one side while other did the scooping job. Later spoons reversed roles. Her was better. Still.. Had the shop owner seen what we did, the 45 Rs. Triangle was set to be orphaned. Anyways I got some increase in my GK, next time you see any strawberry, 90% chance, its from Mahabaleshwar.

So cake done. We were out, again walking along FC. In between Bhai called, In between met one of my classmate, his 1st ques. - Kaun hai? Sahi hai!
I shrugged.
Back, Vaishali again. Crowded again. We moved out again.
We moved ahead, another good restaurent nearby. But Booking.. had to wait.

- You have girlfriend?
- No. none.
- You had, no?
- Ah.. no. Leave that.
- You have.. Boyfriend?
- Yess..
3 yrs. He is in SIBM, doing MBA.
- Ah.. great.

I at times make some idiotic responses. Trying to find words. Questions. One involuntarily was in line.

- He knows, you are here..?
- Yup.. obviously. 3 years yar. He knows, Just a friend, what big deal.

So called idiotic response can trigger hormonal reaction. Ahmm.. just a friend. What big deal!
Much of the later part.. I was quiet. Silenced.

We moved in. A table in open.. which wasn't quite aptly set in open.
12 male eyes on the adjacent table were soon replaced by equal no of female ones.
Time to order. Not very fond of dosa, myself. She ordered and it was ok. Sweet sambhar and teekha dosa.
Chit chat went on and we finished it soon.
.
.
.
.
.
This was it. Apart from noticing soil color change from place to place, brown to red to black... 1 accomplishment. Met V. Always wanted to.

4 comments:

  1. badiya hai ji.. waiting to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post... loved the line "I wanted to Hug " :) :) :)

    Do continue .....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know whatt.. your writing is too good.. i am mesmerized.. never noticed (especially those whom i know) engrossed in words and trying to paint their images and thoughts with such beautiful flow of language... i would suggest you to never stop writing.. keep it up!! i have to learn loads from you sir!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure some direction and a decent amount of determination will do wonders...

    ReplyDelete