Monday, October 12, 2009

Happening week..

Past week has been a little happening.. I mean happening enough to make me write an entry aft so long..
1st it was CapitalIQ at a pool campus.. it left me gasping how they expected Electronic(s) guys to build test cases over their testing platform screen-shots, there was an apti which i guess any one could clear with or w/o any vodka shot oozing in his stomach. Any how punu aur pappu ki bak-bak sunte sunte time pass ho gya.

2nd it was evalueserve.. they had an opening in IP division, Electronics n i have a friend there. So internal referral provided me opportunity to appear before a panel to gauge my technical holdings.
Looking really forward to it.. I was back to books.. Analog, Digital, DSP...n all.
Day came n i was there (15 mins before time) :P
1st apti.. then an RC, had to answer some flowchart questions.. Not a big fight.. I battled through. then there was the tech round.. panel asked my strong-holds.. n i was there..
"Sir, BASIC Analog, BASIC Circuit theory. and GENERAL Microprocessors."
Anyways the interview spanned: Maxwell Equations, KVL,KCL, BJT, 8085, 8086, Poles-zeroes.. frequency plots.. Routh Criteria..Nyquist(n also some 12th class funde.. potential, energy, conventions)
To everythng else i was quiet ;)
.
.
.
An hr later:
I was delighted.. knew sm electronics, after all.
The panel too recommended me for manager level round.
Kunal ne kaha tha beta haste haste maarte hai ye.. aur shyd aisa hi hua.
I'll just mention 2 ques they asked -
1. If a/b is even and a+b too.. then which of these
is cerainly odd
a. a/2
b. b/2
c. (a+2)/2
d. (b+2)/2
e. (a+b)/2

2. The no of pages I had in my file.. including photostats [I took time. recalled. n replied]
Secondly..What fraction of a normal tree were they??
.
.
.
Either way it was good on their part.. they told me then n there.. that i didn't fit their requirements.
Utterly disappointed, i left for home.
[And yes.. if given a chance, I would pop an egg each to those 2 managers and then ask them.. how many food-chains have this organic matter been through? ]
Back home.. i opened my (g)mailbox n had a surprise.. Interview call from Webchutney, (thx to naukri.com). They are initiating a new venture in digital governance.. preparing a base level team.. he mentioned abt an evalueserve manager, sm IITian guy, they had roped in already.. He himself was IIM-b graduate, and here they were looking for smone to go for secondary research, consulting, client interaction.. i.e. role of "biz-analyst"
I had an intuition.. boss degree ka kuch kaam nhi hai.. so i mentioned abt my blog.. and a summary i prepared last year.

IT was a decent 30 min interaction ..am awaiting their final response and really looking frwd..
(will add more aft gettn result)
.
.
.
.
A week later:
I called the HR today.. and she said, The offer has been rolled back.

2 comments: