Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My old home

More often than not Why do i get dis-engaged in things which appear less worthy at a later point of time...? I say this because this way I lose time.. time which could have had a better meaning.


I am more than 8 months new at our new house, and now more am getting used to it the more I miss the older one.. most of all I miss the roof, the view from the there.. lying over a mattress in midst of night and gazing above, that sky and those stars they meant something else...
A gamut of memories come alive ..as and when I step over our new roof.
that big ashoka tree, that wrought iron staircase.. sitting beside that iron boundary grill.. watching that lone yellow street-halogen, those two mobile towers.. and beyond them, far beyond.. those (aravali) hills..
1st floor.. 2 rooms, one accomplished, while other semi open, which housed my bench, dumbells, rods.. I remember how Piush and I used to sweat it out in our 1st yr, trying every bit of us to get in shape.. as time lapsed, 'trying hard' turned into 'trying hardly' and when I left I did'nt even bother to take them along. They are still there. Unattended.


1st yr, ED exam.. deadly one.. kunal aur punu ghar pe.. waah kya padai ki thi.2 baje soye 6 baje uthe.. aur poori raat haste rahe... margin pe pass kara tha us M L Aggarwal ne.. just 40 on 100!




(to be continued..)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, 2 yrs down the line its time to close this one.
Close with a thought on my old home..
In my dreams not a single day since then I have seen our new house.. its always the old home.. rooms, walls, memories, voices... love, anguish, festivals, celebrations.. (25/02/11)

2 comments:

  1. Nice post..even i have some fond memories of that old home of yours..our sitting there,that bench for bench press,making projects on cold wintery nights..especially the night in the first year when u,me & punnu were at your place for the Engineering Drawing exam..what mighty laughs we had that night!!
    But as they say..life moves on and so should we..the memories are what go along with us.forever!!

    ReplyDelete